21 Haziran 2017

A PRAYER
Sadness and anger, please forgive me.
I used to run from you.
I imagined that you were 'bad'.
Or 'unhealthy'. Or 'unspiritual'.
Or a sign of weakness.
Or a fault of 'ego' or the 'separate self'.
Or shameful.
No. No. I was wrong. You are life itself.
You belong.
I bow to you now.
I breathe into you.
I give you my breath.
Sadness, you help keep my heart open.
You remind me to let go, in each moment.
You are a beautiful release.
You help me befriend death and impermanence.
Anger, you remind me of my power.
You rise spontaneously to protect the organism.
You help me speak up without fear.
Speak truth. Speak out against falsehood.
Walk this path with courage.
Protect those I love.
Sadness and anger, please forgive me.
You are inseparable from the sacredness.
You are deeply accepted now.
In my vastness.
- Jeff Foster